Sunday, April 12, 2009

A little gardening...

The other day I was sitting here thinking about all the lovely things Sylvia and Marlies make out of paper and cardboard and I thought maybe I should try something so...I looked around my 1:1 house for something that would be easy...and quick! I spied this old garden sieve. How hard could it be I thought, it's just a couple of circles and a bit of mesh.

I went to work with my trusty little helper Liberty beside me. (Sylvia - I think you have seen this photo of Liberty before!)The mesh I used was perhaps a little too large but I wanted to get it done so I just used what I had. The little flowers on it are fingernail stickers, I've been using them on all sorts of things, they look really good on mini perfume bottles, there are heaps of different kinds available and they're really inexpensive.

It worked out surprisingly well in the end!

Mercedes

14 comments:

  1. Mercedes it looks wonderful. Liberty looks very deep in concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned out great. I love the fingernail sticker idea, I will have to go pick some of these up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sieve, Mercedes! I may have to try it out. I have almost everything on hand too and my mother's 1:12 garden does need a few bright things in it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it is beautiful!!!!!!!!

    Love Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute!! wonderful sieve and beautiful little lady...
    Your blog is always full of nice things..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful,and thank you for the fingernail sticker idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mercedes what a beautiful and great garden. Liberty is a good patner working with you.
    Meli



    NB: Can not find the tiny shoes. Can you tell me where I can buy them?? Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verry clever, Mercedes and the big helper Liberty!
    It is lovely with those stickers on it!
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearie, your sieve is GREAT! I bought a stack of nail art flowers from Taiwan like you suggested..yet to unpack.Must also congratulate you on the book trick. I officially declare it PERFECTED!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mercedes, look as if you two have been lot of fun! the sieve is really pretty, good idea

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! Liberty is such a cutie, glad to hear she's better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I love it! Those finger nail stickers really turned out great! I'll have to come back later and read the other ones I missed............But I wanted to say Congrats!!! Come check out my blog...I'll email you later with the full story :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous Mercedes, so realistic.....wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden sieve is wonderful, love to see it beside your 1:1 sieve. What a good use for fingernail stickers. Liberty looks really good at concentrating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!